Yolanda G. Barco Oncology Institute
It’s never easy to learn that you or a loved one has a serious illness, and learning that the illness is cancer is no exception. At the Yolanda G. Barco Oncology Institute, we would like you to know that cancer patient success stories are becoming more and more common. A comprehensive cancer care program, approved by the American College of Surgeons, is available in Meadville with the latest technology and physician specialists available. We have access to research and the most up-to-date treatment protocols.
Cutting-edge Cancer Treatment in Meadville, PA
Meadville Medical Center is a member of the Association for Community Cancer Centers. We believe that cancer care is best delivered in a community setting and are committed to your total care and support. Our team of healthcare professionals is experienced in counseling and educating patients, helping them understand and cope with their illness and its treatment. We encourage patients to participate as much as possible in their ongoing care.
Learn how to reduce your risk for cancer by taking “The Defender” quiz.
Oncology Services Offered
- Infusion Therapy – Including but not limited to Medicine for Multiple Sclerosis, Crohn’s Disease, Thyroid Disease, Asthma, and Osteoporosis.
- Community Center Screenings in collaboration with other specialty physicians.
- Radiation Therapy
- TruBeam Linear Accelerator with Robotic Positioning Table
- 3D Conformal Radiation Therapy (3D CRT)
- IMRT- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT)
- SBRT-Stereotactic Body/Ablative Radiation Therapy (SBRT/SABR)
- Volumetric Modulated Arc Therapy (VMAT)
- Respiratory Gated & Deep Inspiration Breath Hold (DIBH) Radiotherapy
- Dedicated CT Simulator and Treatment Planning System with fully computerized treatment planning for delivering the highest level of precision radiation therapy to the target while minimizing side effects to surrounding normal tissue.
- TrueBeam System
Cancer Treatment Experts Who Care
Your care is coordinated by an interdisciplinary team of professionals including your family physician, surgeons, medical and radiation oncologists, nurses, radiation therapists, social workers, and other support staff. Cancer care conferences are held on a weekly basis as a formalized review and discussion of all cancer patients. This is an opportunity for physicians to get input from other physicians on the treatment of cancer patients. Our physicians specializing in the care of cancer are board-certified medical oncologists and board-certified radiation oncologists.
Our Staff at Yolanda G. Barco Includes:
- Registered Nurses Certified in Oncology
- Clinical Protocol Nurse
- Medical Physicists
- Certified Medical Dosimetrists
- Registered Radiation Therapists
- Tumor Registrar
- Oncology Financial Navigator
- Social Worker
- Laboratory Technicians
- Pharmacy Technicians
- Patient Transportation
- Nutritional Counseling
- Psychosocial Counseling