Mission of the MMC Auxiliary
The mission of Meadville Medical Center Auxiliary shall be to render services, aid financially, and promote the general welfare of Meadville Medical Center (MMC) and its healthcare services to the community through ways approved or proposed by the governing board of MMC.
The membership shall be open to individuals willing to serve MMC. No person should be denied membership because of age, sex, race, creed, or disability. Our membership categories are:
- An Active Member is one who performs and records a minimum of 50 service hours per calendar year. This service can be performed at the Medical Center, with auxiliary projects, or any combination of the two.
- An Associate Member is one who does not perform and record a minimum of 50 service hours per calendar year.
- All Emeritus Members are members who are 80 years or older.
All memberships shall have the privilege of voting.
How To Get Involved
Interested individuals must complete an application form. This application form must be turned in with initial dues, to the Membership Chairman. Membership Chairman will present applications to the following auxiliary board meeting. The applicant will then become a member. A new member will be oriented to the auxiliary by the Membership Chairman and Executive Board.
Meadville Medical Center Auxiliary Executive Board 2022-2023
- Board Meetings: Barb McClimans
- General Meetings: Carol Thompson
- Corresponding Secretary: Carolyn Beck
- Treasurer: Janet Waid
- Assistant Treasurer: Rosalind Staskiewicz
- Parliamentarian/Past President/ Nominating
- Chairperson: Rosalind Staskiewicz
Standing Committee Chairpersons
- Coffee/Gift Shop Council: Rosalind Staskiewicz
- Health Promotions: Carol Miller
- Membership: Sandy Howick
- Memorial Fund: Rosey Thomas
- Publicity: Andrea Shiock
- Special Projects/Legislation: TBA
- Ways and Means: Rae Beers
We appreciate all you do.
You give your time and energy too.
You brighten lives like a shining star.
What truly a special person you are!
Volunteer Opportunities at Meadville Medical Center (MMC)
Are you interested in joining our volunteer team at Meadville Medical Center? The MMC Auxiliary works to serve the community and enhance the welfare of our patients. Please call Jackie Lesher, Director of Consumer Engagement, at 814-333-5700 to discuss volunteer opportunities that exist throughout MMC facilities.
Some of these opportunities include:
- Gift Shops
- Snack Shop
- Nursing Floors
- Grove Street Lobby
Wherever you prefer volunteering, we will find a special place for you. The Coffee Shop and Gift Shops are the auxiliary’s primary source of fundraising and volunteer opportunities continually exist in these areas.
Our Gift Shops at Liberty and Grove offer a wide variety of gifts for everyone on your list and always carry lovely seasonal / holiday items. In addition to baby gifts and flowers suitable for patients, the gift shops carry gift items such as candles, jewelry, handbags, stuffed animals, greeting cards and your favorite sports team items.
Thank you for joining the team at Meadville Medical Center. We sincerely appreciate you. The key to our success rests in people like you, who embody the spirit of greatness by saying: “Yes I can, and so can you!”