Proper Dental Hygiene and Care
Recommendations from the American Dental Association, include:
- Brush your teeth twice daily
- Practice proper brushing technique
- Use fluoride toothpaste and a soft toothbrush that is the right size for your mouth; an electric or battery-powered toothbrush could also help lower plaque and mild gum disease
- Regularly replace your toothbrush / replacement head for your electric toothbrush; at least every two or three months or if the bristles are splayed or worn
- Floss regularly, emphasizing one tooth at a time, working gently and ensuring that flossing is a regular part of your routine
- Consider making mouthwash with fluoride a regular part of your oral health regime
- A minimum of two professional teeth cleanings per year
No matter how thorough you might be with your personal oral health and dental cleaning, professional checkups from your dentist are very important. Your dentist can clean calcified plaque from your teeth in spots that are tough to get at, and look for signs of early-stage oral health issues such as decay, gum disease, oral cancer or other physical conditions / diseases that present oral symptoms. A minimum of two checkups is recommended per year, but some patients need more frequent visits with their dentist. Discuss your options with your dentist at MMC.
Dental Services for Crawford County
The Meadville and Valley Dental Centers were created in response to a need in Crawford County. The centers provide the following dental services:
- Routine oral exams
- Emergency oral exams
- Dental cleaning
- Fluoride treatments
- Space maintainers
- Full and partial dentures
- Denture and partial repairs
- Limited periodontics
Making a Dental Appointment
Office hours at the Meadville and Valley Dental Centers are scheduled by appointment. To provide you with the best care, call us as soon as you can if you have an urgent dental concern. Every effort will be made to schedule you as soon as possible.
If you find it necessary to cancel your appointment, please call us within 48 hours of your appointment so that we may offer your time slot to someone who also needs dental care. If there is any change in our office schedule, you will be notified by telephone or by mail. Please keep us updated with your current address and telephone number.
Fees and Insurance
We are pleased to submit all insurance plans including Medical Assistance. We also offer a sliding fee scale for qualifying patients who have limited financial resources and no dental insurance coverage, and encourage you to offer suggestions to enhance our services.