Pain management uses an interdisciplinary approach to preventing, diagnosing,
treating and improving the quality of life for individuals living with
Interventional therapies we offer include:
- Epidural injection
- Trigger point injection
- Facet steroid injection
- Joint injections
- Radiofrequency treatments
- Nerve blocks
- Spinal cord stimulator trials
- Peripheral nerve stimulator trials
- Tailored medication management
We also offer minimally invasive therapy treatments, which provides many
benefits including the following:
- Procedures done on an outpatient basis
- No incisions
- Rapid recovery
- Performed in a fully equipped, state of the art procedure suite or the
operating room (OR)
- Exceptional accuracy optimized by fluoroscopy guidance
- Patient may be able to resume normal activities the day of their injection
- Therapy for persistent pain in older persons
- Therapy for painful neuropathies
- Functional diagnosis
- Spinal Cord Stimulations (SCS)
- Minimally Invasive Therapy (MIT)
What can I expect ?
You will first be evaluated by a physician, nurse practitioner or physician
assistant. This evaluation will include discussions about past medical
history, pain history, and treatments prior to coming to the Meadville
Medical Center. Prior diagnostic studies will be reviewed. A physical
assessment will be completed. Treatment options will be reviewed using
a multi-disciplinary plan of treatment. You will be given follow up appointments
and instructions to carry out the plan of treatment.
What should I expect if I am given an injection?
Sedation may be given at the time of injections to promote relaxation and
comfort. If receiving sedation, the patient needs a ride home. Patients
are asked to avoid aspirin and blood thinning medications seven days before
their appointment to avoid bleeding complications from injections.
Do I need a physician referral?
Yes. Referrals are required.
Will my insurance cover my treatment?
It is highly recommended that you check with your insurance to see what
your plan covers.
What will I need to bring with me to my initial appointment?
You will need your current insurance card and current driver’s license.
You will also need any medical records or CDs you were given to bring
with you by your referring physician.
- Meadville Pain Management - please bring in your new patient packet you
received in the mail.
- Specialty Pain Care - please mail back your completed new patient packet.
Meet Our Providers:
Meadville Pain Management
Contact the Meadville Pain Management at (814) 337-5894.
Clinic for Specialty Pain Services
Contact the Clinic for Specialty Pain Services at (814) 333-5736.