Wash your hands well with soap and water. If soap is not available, use
an alcohol-based hand rub.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Try not to touch contaminated items in public without sanitizing them,
like door handles, shopping carts, light switches, condiment bottles, etc.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects that could become contaminated.
- Keep a clean and decontaminated workplace the best you can.
- Try to limit your children’s exposure to contagious children when possible.
- It's not too late to get a flu vaccine.
If you have or believe you have the flu:
- Visit a medical professional as soon as possible.
- Practice all of the above recommendations the best you can.
- Limit contact with others as much as possible.
- Cover your mouth and nose with tissues when coughing or sneezing.
- Limit your time at work, if possible, until 24-hours after your fever and
flu-like symptoms have passed.
For more information please
visit the CDC website.