Visitor Code of Conduct
Meadville Medical Center respectfully requests that visitors follow these
expectations when visiting: (check with the unit you are visiting for
- We trust you to help us keep our patients safe.
Any non-patient who has shortness of breath, fever, or cough, or who has
been in contact with someone who has COVID-19 or is being tested for COVID-19
should not enter MMC facilities.
- We continue to require people who come to any MMC facility to wear a facemask
that covers their nose and mouth at all times and to practice other prevention
efforts like physical distancing, even if they are fully vaccinated.
These simple public health steps have helped keep our facilities safe for
many months. Masking, distancing, and other prevention efforts will continue
to help us keep our patients, staff, and visitors safe – whether
they are vaccinated or not.
If you do not have a facemask, we will provide you one at facility entry.
We strongly encourage support persons to wear their own masks so that
we can preserve our supplies for staff and clinical workers.
- If you cannot wear a mask for medical reasons, please talk to a staff member
about reasonable accommodations.
- Visitors should wash or sanitize their hands when entering and exiting
the medical center and/or a patient’s room.
- Due to infection control risks, visitors are to not use the patient’s
bathroom, shower nor lie down in the patient’s bed.
- Visitors will not physically or verbally threaten any person and we will
not tolerate disruptive language or violent behavior.
- Weapons are not permitted within MMC facilities. We ask that you leave
any weapons in your vehicles.
- Possession and/or use of street drugs and alcoholic beverages are not permitted
on the property.
The hospital has the right to restrict visitation based on an individual’s
behavior, and any other circumstances as deemed inappropriate by the hospital’s
Our staff is dedicated to providing the highest quality of care to our
patients. Please show them the respect they deserve as they carry out
their duties to care for your loved one.
Visitors who do not comply with this Code of Conduct can/will be asked
to leave MMC property.
Thank you for your cooperation.