Service Excellence Commitment
Meadville Medical Center & Subsidiaries
A set of Customer Service Standards of Performance has has been developed by the employees of at Meadville Medical Center to establish specific behaviors that all employees, volunteers, contracted services and vendors are expected to practice while on duty.
• First Impressions – Immediately acknowledge and greet with a smile, dress professional clean and neat, wear name badge between elbow and shoulder so the name is showing.
• Attitude – Welcome customers and introduce yourself, treat everyone as though they are the most important, rudeness is never acceptable, apologize for delays and respect each individual person.
• Greetings – Listen, interact with staff, patients and families, solve problems and use empathy. Give directions if customers are having trouble finding their destinations and personally escort if needed. Remember the patients are the reason we are here!
• Commitment to Coworkers – I will support the group and be a part of the team.
• Confidentiality – Patient records are confidential, interview patients in privacy close doors/curtains if available. Never discuss a patient in a public area.
• Customer Waiting – Educate and update about the process or delays. Update about delays every 30 minutes and families undergoing a procedure every hour. Apologize for delays.
• Privacy – always knock before entering rooms, when transporting make sure the patient is covered. Always maintain a secure and trusting environment.
• Safe Environment – I will always think, act, be and stay safe.
• Ownership of Performance – Take pride in MMC as if you owned it.
• Service Recovery – ACRE – Apologize, Communicate, Resist the urge to gripe, explore corrective action. Putting out “Fires” in customer service
I have read and understand the Customer Service Standards of Performance and I agree to comply with and practice the standards outlined within.