Paying attention to the health of your teeth and gums is an important part
of maintaining your overall health and wellness. Dentist offer experienced,
professional and qualified dental care for their patients providing care
for both children and adults in our community.
Proper Dental Hygiene
Some basics of dental hygiene, as recommended by the American Dental Association, include:
- Brush your teeth two times a day
- Practice proper brushing technique
- Use fluoride toothpaste and a soft toothbrush that is the right size for
your mouth; an electric or battery-powered toothbrush could also help
lower plaque and mild gum disease
- Regularly replace your toothbrush / replacement head for your electric
toothbrush; at least every two or three months or if the bristles are
splayed or worn
- Floss regularly, emphasizing one tooth at a time, working gently and ensuring
that flossing is a regular part of your routine
- Consider making mouthwash with fluoride a regular part of your oral health regime
- Two professional teeth cleanings per year, at minimum
Professional Teeth Cleanings
No matter how thorough you might be with your personal oral health and
dental cleaning, professional checkups from your dentist are very important.
Your dentist can clean calcified plaque from your teeth in sports that
are tough to get at, and look for signs of early-stage oral health issues
such as decay, gum disease, oral cancer or other physical conditions /
diseases that present oral symptoms. A minimum of two checkups is recommended
per year, but some patients need more frequent visits with their dentist.
Discuss your options with your dentist at MMC.
Dental Clinics In Our Community
Call us to make an appointment or click here for more information about