Click here for the Financial Assistance Application
MMC offers a Financial Assistance Program for medical care to eligible individuals and families.
The Financial Assistance Program is a part of MMC’s Mission Statement of providing health care services to all patients, regardless of their ability to pay.
Eligibility for Financial Assistance
Patients may be eligible for Financial Assistance if they:
• Have limited or no health insurance
• Are not eligible for government assistance, such as Medicare or Medicaid
• Can show they have financial need
• Provide the necessary information about household income and resources
Applying for Financial Assistance
MMC encourages patients to apply for financial assistance if they believe that they are unable to pay their MMC bill.
• Complete the Meadville Medical Center Financial Assistance Application form
• Attach supporting documents, listed on the application, to prove your income and resources
• Mail your completed application and necessary documents to:
Meadville Medical Center
CBO Mail Processing Center
1643 Lewis Avenue, Suite 203
Billings, MT 59102
Financial Assistance Policy
The following is a summary of MMC Financial Assistance Policy. This is a general overview of the policy. MMC will review each application individually to determine qualification for Financial Assistance.
MMC’s policy is to provide financial assistance for patients who:
• Have limited or no health insurance
• Have applied for governmental assistance, such as Medicare or Medicaid, but did not qualify
• Demonstrate financial need
• Supply MMC with necessary information about household income and resources
Financial Assistance is available for eligible patient who require:
• Emergency medical services
• Non-elective services for urgent life-threatening conditions, outside the Emergency Department
• Other medical necessary services, on a case-by-case basis
MMC does not have the authority to waive any charges from physicians or other health professionals who are not employed by MMC
Determination of Eligibility for Financial Assistance
To request financial assistance, patients submit the MMC Financial Assistance Application form, disclosing household income and resources.
Applicants are treated with dignity and respect throughout the process. All information is handled with confidentiality. The patient’s cooperation in providing MMC with necessary information is imperative to the process.
Typically, a patient is not eligible for MMC Financial Assistance until he or she has applied for and been deemed ineligible for Federal and Commonwealth of PA governmental assistance programs. MMC has Financial Counselors available to assist patients in applying for Pennsylvania State Medicaid.
MMC reserves the right to process the Financial Assistance Application without this determination, provided enough information is available to make an accurate assessment of the patient’s financial situation.
Determination of Assistance
In determining a reasonable and fair level of assistance, MMC applies a sliding scale.
If a patient’s income is below 300 percent of the Federal Poverty Guidelines - The patient may receive some form of Financial Assistance.
At or below 200 percent of the Federal Poverty Guidelines:
The patient may be eligible for 100 percent financial assistance after the first $200.00 of billed charges
Between 201 and 300 percent of the Federal Poverty Guidelines:
The patient may be eligible for a 50 percent reduction after the first $200.00 of billed charges
While MMC’s Financial Assistance Program covers most services, there are some exclusions, such as, but not limited to:
• Cosmetic services
• Elective reproductive services
• Services deemed non-covered by Medicare or Medicaid
• Other services, at MMC’s decision
Financial Assistance is not typically available for:
• Insurance co-payments
• Insurance deductibles
• Services lacking insurance requirements, such as obtaining authorizations or referrals
• People who opt out of available insurance coverage
Please click on the link below to apply online for Pennsylvania Medicaid