Healthcare Financial Assistance at Meadville Medical Center (MMC)
Meadville Medical Center (MMC) offers a Financial Assistance Program for
medical care to eligible individuals and families. The Financial Assistance
Program is a part of MMC’s Mission Statement of providing healthcare
services to all patients, regardless of their ability to pay.
Click here for the Financial Assistance Application.
Do I Qualify for Financial Assistance?
Patients may be eligible for Financial Assistance if they:
- Have limited or no health insurance
- Are not eligible for government assistance, such as Medicare or Medicaid
- Can show they have financial need
- Provide the necessary information about household income and resources
Applying for Financial Assistance
MMC encourages patients to apply for financial assistance if they believe
that they are unable to pay their MMC bill.
- Complete the Meadville Medical Center Financial Assistance Application form
- Attach supporting documents, listed on the application, to prove your income
- Mail your completed application and necessary documents to:
Meadville Medical Center
CBO Mail Processing Center
1643 Lewis Avenue, Suite 203
Billings, MT 59102
MMC Financial Assistance Policy
The following is a summary of MMC Financial Assistance Policy. This is
a general overview of the policy. MMC will review each application individually
to determine qualification for Financial Assistance.
MMC’s policy is to provide financial assistance for patients who:
- Have limited or no health insurance
- Have applied for governmental assistance, such as Medicare or Medicaid,
but did not qualify
- Demonstrate financial need
- Supply MMC with necessary information about household income and resources
Financial Assistance is available for eligible patient who require:
- Emergency medical services
- Non-elective services for urgent life-threatening conditions, outside the
- Other medical necessary services, on a case-by-case basis
MMC does not have the authority to waive any charges from physicians or
other health professionals who are not employed by MMC.
Determination of Eligibility for Financial Assistance
To request financial assistance, patients submit the MMC Financial Assistance
Application form, disclosing household income and resources. Applicants
are treated with dignity and respect throughout the process. All information
is handled with confidentiality. The patient’s cooperation in providing
MMC with necessary information is imperative to the process.
Typically, a patient is not eligible for MMC Financial Assistance until
he or she has applied for and been deemed ineligible for Federal and Commonwealth
of Pennsylvania governmental assistance programs. MMC has Financial Counselors
available to assist patients in applying for Pennsylvania State Medicaid.
MMC reserves the right to process the Financial Assistance Application
without this determination, provided enough information is available to
make an accurate assessment of the patient’s financial situation.
Determination of Assistance
In determining a reasonable and fair level of assistance, MMC applies a
If a patient’s household income is below 300% of the Federal Poverty
Guidelines: With completion and approval of a MMC Financial Assistance
Application - The patient will receive 100% financial assistance after
the first $200.00 of billed charges
While MMC’s Financial Assistance Program covers most services, there
are some exclusions, such as, but not limited to:
- Cosmetic services
- Elective reproductive services
- Services deemed non-covered by Medicare or Medicaid
- Other services, at MMC’s decision
Financial Assistance is not typically available for:
- Insurance co-payments
- Insurance deductibles
- Services lacking insurance requirements, such as obtaining authorizations
- People who opt out of available insurance coverage
click here to apply online for Pennsylvania Medicaid.
Navigator with the Health Insurance Marketplace
Lisa Cox is a trained Insurance Navigator at MMC. She is able to help you
find health coverage options through the Health Insurance Marketplace,
Compass and Medicaid. Her services are free to consumers.
Outreach and Enrollment Coordinator
Meadville Medical Center / Community Health Services
1009 Water St, Second Floor
Meadville, Pa 16335
Phone: (814) 333-1758
Fax: (814) 333-1757